If you have misaligned or crowded teeth, you may feel reluctant to share your smile with others. Luckily, our team at Smiles By Hanna has a solution for you! With Invisalign in Gilbert, you will be able to get the smile of your dreams in no time. Better yet, the Invisalign system uses clear, virtually invisible aligners, so no one will be able to tell you are wearing them!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign near you was created as an alternative to traditional metal braces. Invisalign aligners are made of a safe plastic material that is comfortable in your mouth and causes no gum irritation. Your aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth and gums by your dentist in Gilbert and effectively transform your smile. When you opt for Invisalign, you will be provided with a series of clear aligners that work together to slowly shift your teeth into the optimal position.
Who is Eligible for Invisalign?
Invisalign is best for adults and older teenagers who have misaligned teeth but no severe orthodontic issues. If you have severe misalignment, then traditional braces may be best for you. Typically, Invisalign is not used on younger children because their teeth and gums are still developing, making it challenging to create effective aligner trays for them. If you are considering Invisalign, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you still have any baby teeth? Invisalign will not work if you do not have all your permanent teeth in your mouth.
- Will you follow the treatment plan? For Invisalign to be successful, the wearer must commit to keeping their aligners in for 22 hours a day, only removing them for meals and cleaning. Younger children and teenagers may lack the discipline to wear and care for their trays as needed.
- Does appearance matter to you? If the flexibility and clear appearance of Invisalign aligners aren’t important to you, you may be better off choosing traditional braces.
How Does the Invisalign Procedure Work?
If you decide to proceed with getting Invisalign at our dental office near you, then you should expect the following:
- Our dentist will begin by taking a digital impression of your gums and teeth to fabricate your custom aligners.
- Every other week, you will receive a new set of aligners that will slightly differ from the previous set. This works to gradually shift your teeth into the proper positions.
- You will need to visit our team at Smiles By Hanna once every four to six weeks for a progress check.
While undergoing your Invisalign treatment, you will have to ensure that you maintain an excellent oral hygiene routine of brushing and flossing, as well as cleaning your trays and that you only drink water while your aligners are in. Most of the time, Invisalign treatment takes anywhere from six to eighteen months to complete. When you’ve completed your treatment, you will have to wear a retainer for up to one year afterward to ensure that your teeth stay in the right position.
Visit Smiles By Hanna
Our team at Smiles By Hanna is happy to provide Invisalign to our patients looking for a discreet and convenient way to enhance their smiles and boost their confidence. If you are interested in learning more about Invisalign and if you are a viable candidate for the procedure, please contact our clinic to book a consultation today!